Saturday, December 12, 2009

Curing Boredom in Study Hall

The Man with Nothing to Say

There once was a man who sat in a tree and said nothing. No one knew who he was or why he was there. Why are you so quiet? People would ask, to which he would reply with nothing but a blank stare into the distance. After a while, people got tired of trying to make the man talk, so they just let him be. Day after day, he just sat in the tree, saying nothing. It wasn’t until the fourth week that someone noticed that he was dead.

Taking out the Garbage

The light outside was blinding. It was a good thing I was sitting inside. Otherwise I’d probably be blind.

Goodnight, Mr. Grumbleton

Don’t ever leave my side, Mr. Grumbleton.
Why not? There’s no reason I should be stuck to your side.
But Mr. Grumbleton, I need to take care of you. And you need to take care of me.
Screw you.

Becoming a Person

Without a word, Freddy stopped and turned. It was then that I saw his face.

Let’s Go to the Haberdashery!

If we go to the haberdashery, we can buy some clothing for ourselves, since we are both men.

The Yo-Yo

When I was little, I liked to play with yo-yos. I don’t know what happened to them, now that I am older.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Darwin! That "Becoming a Person" one is really good! Very poetic and touching on something quite deep. I kinda wish I'd written it! ;)

    So, kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete