You know who had the right idea? The Pilgrims. They created an entire day to just sit back and think about all of the things you are thankful for while stuffing your face alongside all of the people you are most thankful for. A whole day to focus on your blessings and just forget about all of the negative things going on in your life. It's very uplifting.
So, in case you couldn't tell, I had a pretty good day today. I'm still not necessarily in the best mood, but all of my problems just seem a bit smaller now. There is so much to be thankful for! I'ma make a list:
- God. He has helped me through so much. I need to remember to turn to Him more often.
- Parents. They truly do understand what's up, if you just explain it to them slowly :P
- My sister. She is closer to my age than my parents, and therefore can sympathize with me more.
- My brother-in-law. He is such an amazing person. I know my sister loves him so much, and it's so good to see such a wonderful relationship.
- The rest of my family. They are a wild bunch.
- My friends. They are all really great and will always be there for me, even though I sometimes forget that.
- My health. It really is surprising that I'm as healthy as I am, with the little amounts of sleep I get and the extreme amounts of stress I am under.
- My amazing Sunday school/youth group kids.
- The fact that I am so fortunate. I have so much more than many, many people in the world, and I don't even deserve it.
- And so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment