Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Bleak Outlook on the World

I was recently browsing through the internet, and I came across this article, entitled "Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent."

Upon scanning through the article and reading other related commentaries and things, it sounds like a pretty legitimate study. If you're going to study something from a narrow viewpoint, using tests created by atheists and apparently for atheists. I'm leaving out the liberal qualifier that the article used. Though I am conservative and have my own views about liberals, I don't think it is entirely fair to use "atheist" and "liberal" synonymously. But that's beside the point.

I think that the article is a great indicator of just how well Satan does his job (and that is by no means a compliment). Which is scary, because people really do think that not believing in God makes them smarter, thanks to this and similar articles. It is becoming more and more acceptable in society for people to go directly against God because doing so somehow makes them "smarter" and able to think for themselves. Or, as a comment read, believing in God makes one lose their sense of curiosity because people who do can just say that everything they can't explain is due to God. But where is the truth in that statement? I think that in trying to understand the world, more respect can be gained for God. It is amazing to search and discover just how many awesome things that God has done and set into motion. I think that believing in God is more of a reason to be curious about the world around us and explore all that God has put for us to discover on this giant spherical playground we call Earth.

Which is why articles like this give me mixed feelings. On one hand, it is incredibly sad that the world is falling so quickly into Satan's death trap. On the other hand, it is reaffirming that God's word is correct. Because the end of the world will come, and the world is headed on a pretty direct route toward it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete