I haven't posted a blog in a while. And I have tried, really I have. There have just been many occasions where I lose the motivation to come up with even a title for a post, so I just navigate away from the page without writing anything. I just haven't been inspired.
Or rather, I haven't been inspired to write about my inspiration. Many inspiring things have happened, but that's because I haven't been sitting in front of a computer writing about them. I've been out and about doing them. Granted, large portions of my day DO involve sitting in front of the computer screen wasting time, but I'm also learning how to play guitar, practicing my trumpet, and reading (believe it or not, I'm in a book club of sorts). I've also been mentally preparing for college, which I will be moving into three weeks from Saturday! Wow. An entirely new experience. I was asked the other day what I was most excited for about college, and after thinking about it, I said that I am most excited to know absolutely no one and have to start from scratch. I have to make completely new friends and start a completely new life. It is going to be amazing.
Well, since it's nearing the end of summer vacation, I suppose I will make a list of the main highlights of my summer before leaving for Wisconsin (in no particular order):
I..
- Graduated from high school
- Played Peter in The Diary of Anne Frank Workshop Performances
- Got an amazing girlfriend
- Finished my final year in Marching Band
- Went skydiving!
- Went camping with my family
- Roadtripped to SD with my two best friends
- Had a trumpet bro night
- Discovered, and became slightly addicted to, Geocaching
- Went to the zoo
- Fed goats
- Actually began developing practicing habits for my trumpet
- Shopped for dorm supplies
- Emailed my roommate
- Bought cologne
- Paid for a movie with quarters and nickels and dimes
- Saw many a movie
- Learned how to change oil
- Was confronted by a drunk girl
- Gained a new respect for corn
- Bought a light-up T-Shirt that reacts to sound
- Went to Nickelodeon Universe
- Learned more of the road system in MN (and SD!)
- Explored Minneapolis
- Won a facial hair growing contest
- Was in a car accident
- Tried sushi
- Found a tracking bug (geocaching)
- Had an amazing grad party
- OD'ed on pulled pork
- Learned how to make large amounts of bruschetta
- OD'ed on bruschetta
- Minced garlic
- Fried SPAM
- Learned that I can sleep pretty much anywhere
- Bought boxers at Target all by myself
- Started a book club of sorts
- Learned how to do laundry
- Pissed off the management at Caribou by making a house of sugar packets
- Got yelled at by campground authorities for making too big of a fire
- Shone a laser pointer at peoples' houses
- Got a new phone
- Saw a movie in a two-screen theatre
- Hugged an ear of corn
- Broke an item in a store, but quickly hid it
- Discovered iced coffee
- And tea, too
- Made new friends
- Had a spontaneous slumber party without alerting my parents
- Drove the Subaru at 100 mph
- Hung out with friends
- Bought a guitar
- Attended a ton of grad parties
- Found my old iPod Touch
- Taught my mom how to use the iPod Touch I gave her
- Survived marching band camp (barely)
- Got a new library card
- And a platinum debit card!
- Watched a bunch of people get hypnotized
- Putsed around on the computer for far too long
- Loved every minute of it!
Ok, so that last one was sappy. Deal with it. My brain was getting exhausted. I've done all that and there are still three weeks of summer left! I will be doing much more, I am sure. Like going to the State Fair and just plain being awesome :P
There you have it. A blog. Thank you for your time. I love you all dearly. Truly I do. And I will miss you dearly when I leave for college! :(
Hahaha! I'm so proud of your boxer-buying skills :)
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna miss you Darwin :)
ReplyDeleteI love that buying cologne and boxers were highlights of your summer, lol.
ReplyDelete